Covid 19 - colonialpenn.com
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Protecting Your Health and Well-being
At Colonial Penn, the health and safety of our associates, agents, customers and partners is our priority, while continuing to provide reliable service and support to our policyholders. In response to the worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are following the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and local departments of public health.
We’re here to help.
We realize this is a difficult and uncertain time, and we are committed to getting through this together. We continue to maintain normal business operations. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to ensure uninterrupted service to help answer any questions you may have about your policies, accounts and coverage that are critical during this unprecedented time. Remember that most questions can be answered on our websites and we encourage you to register with your account information for the fastest possible source of information at mycolonialpenn.com. Use of the website for making your premium payment is also available and encouraged, or you can establish electronic payments, if you are experiencing postal delays in your area. Here are some ways you can get help from us:
- Review your account online at mycolonialpenn.com.
- File a claim, using this information from our website.
- Contact our customer care representatives, Monday through Thursday at (800) 523-9100 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
- We realize customers may be experiencing difficulty in making premium payments. If you need help with your premium payment as a result of COVID-19 difficulties or have questions regarding your policy status, you can call us at (800) 523-9100, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Supporting our customers and communities.
While we continue to closely monitor the situation and updates from the CDC, we have taken several steps to support the health, safety and well-being of our customers, associates and exclusive agents.
- Activated business continuity plans to support the health of associates, while ensuring our business continues to reliably deliver services to our policyholders, agents and partners.
- Transitioned nearly all corporate office associates to remote work, supported by additional tools and technology, since mid-March 2020 to continue to serve our customers.
- Encouraged all agents to work remotely and check on policyholders by phone and online video consultations.
- Introduced technology to enable agents to conduct virtual consultations and presentations and for consumers to complete coverage electronic applications at home with digital signatures.
- Supported our customer care and claims teams with additional tools and technology.
- Provided agents and registered investment representatives with CDC health and safety recommendations.
- Limited individuals in our sales offices to no more than 10 at any time, even as state “stay at home” orders identify insurance and financial services as an essential business.
Supporting our associates and agents.
- Committed to no workforce reductions due to COVID-19 in 2020.
- Provided financial support programs for our exclusive agents.
- Expanded personal time off (PTO) polices for eligible associates that can be used for instances directly tied to a coronavirus situation.
- Paid 100% of the cost related to COVID-19 testing and treatment costs for those enrolled in CNO’s medical plan in 2020.
- Transitioned our 2020 Summer Intern Program to a virtual internship for more than 30 students.
Supporting our communities.
- Donated $300,000 to the company’s financial assistance funds to support CNO associates and our insurance agents impacted by the COVID-19 crisis or other personal financial emergencies. This includes personal donations by senior leadership.
- Committed to maintaining our annual, budgeted corporate donations to our charity partners in 2020, including our support of the Alzheimer’s Association, the American Cancer Society, the CNO Invested in Giving Back® program, and our new partner, the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Engaged our associates in virtual service opportunities through our Team CNO program to support food banks in our three corporate locations, and first responders.
We will continue to evaluate additional measures to support our customers and associates as needs arise. As we make changes and updates, we will revise this page with the most current information.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention(CDC)
- CDC Recommendations for Older Adults
- Medicare and Coronavirus
- National Foundation for Infectious Disease Recommendations for Older Adults