Covid-19 - ColonialPenn
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Protecting Your Health and Well-being
At Colonial Penn, the health and safety of our associates, agents, customers and partners is our priority, while continuing to provide reliable service and support to our policyholders. In response the worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are following the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and local departments of public health.
We’re here to help.
We realize this is a difficult and uncertain time, and we are committed to getting through this together. We continue to maintain normal business operations. However, as we transition our associates to work remotely, you may experience some longer than normal wait times. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to ensure uninterrupted service to help answer any questions you may have about your policies, accounts and coverage that are critical during this unprecedented time. Remember that most questions can be answered on our websites and we encourage you to register with your account information for the fastest possible source of information at mycolonialpenn.com/. Here are some ways you can get help from us:
- Review your account online at mycolonialpenn.com/
- File a claim, using this information from our website.
- Contact our customer care representatives, Monday through Thursday at (800) 323-4542 between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m. ET.
- We realize customers may be experiencing difficulty in making premium payments. Recognizing this is an unprecedented circumstance that requires extra care and attention, we will provide an extended period of time to pay without the risk of losing your benefits during these difficult times.
- What you should know:
- If you can continue making your premium payments, you should do so.
- If you need help with your premium payment as result of COVID-19 difficulties, you can call us at 800-323-4542 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET with questions regarding your policy status
Supporting our customers and communities.
While we continue to closely monitor the situation, we have taken several steps to protect our associates’ health to enable us to continue to serve our customers.
- Activated business continuity plans to support the health of associates, while ensuring our business continues to reliably deliver services to our policyholders, agents and partners.
- Encouraged all corporate office associates that can work from home to do so starting March 13.
- Supported our customer care and claims teams with additional tools and technology.
- Provided agents with CDC health and safety recommendations.
- Added enhanced cleaning services to our offices.
- Suspended all non-essential business travel.
- Restricting visitors to our offices.
We will continue to evaluate additional measures to support our customers and associates as needs arise. As we make changes and updates, we will revise this page with the most current information.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention(CDC)
- CDC Recommendations for Older Adults
- Medicare and Coronavirus
- National Foundation for Infectious Disease Recommendations for Older Adults